CEWIL Canada Job Opportunity: Program Coordinator
Associate Director, Operations
Number of positions
Length of Contract:
Until March 31, 2025 (with the possibility of renewal)
$65K - $75K commensurate with experience
Remote work from anywhere in Canada.
Are you passionate about coordinating programs through their lifecycle and supporting innovative work opportunities for students? Are you excited by a challenge and an opportunity to affect an entire ecosystem? Are you a self-starter who isn’t afraid to tackle a problem? Check out this opportunity to be a Program Coordinator with CEWIL Canada.
Who we are: CEWIL Canada partners with post-secondary institutions, community members, employers, governments, and student organizations to champion work-integrated learning (WIL). We are an association that has been in operations for almost 50 years and continues to evolve with the times! We represent over 1800 members, from over 120 organizations and growing! Our “why” is to create future ready students who are prepared and have the skills to take on the challenges of our world of today and tomorrow.
Being YOU with CEWIL – We welcome YOU!
At CEWIL Canada, it’s our mission to build the capacity to develop future ready students and graduates through quality work-integrated learning and we know the part of building a successful WIL ecosystem, means tapping into our differences; of who we are, what we’ve experienced and how we think. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for opportunities with CEWIL Canada without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Accommodations will be provided for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process and if you are the successful applicant, we will discuss your needs and make sure you are set up for success!
Who you are: CEWIL Canada is looking for a dynamic program coordinator to support our team as we provide grant funding that advances innovative work-integrated learning (WIL) experiences across Canada. You are a critical thinker, a problem-solver by nature, have experience working with budgets and love a challenge!
What you will do:
- Work closely with Associate Directors and post-secondary institutions to ensure documents, contracts and reporting requirements supporting iHUB activities are timely, compliant, and consistent with CEWIL Canada requirements
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and agreements
- Utilize your advanced proficiency in Excel to create, analyze, and maintain program-related data and reports
- Monitor, identify potential risks and evaluate iHUB projects to ensure targets are reached
- Monitor and uphold program policies and facilitate resolution of any issues around program guidelines and contract observance in coordination with the iHUB AD, Operations
- Monitor any changes or requests from funding partners
- Support the preparation, distribution and monitoring of contract budgets
- Support post-secondary institutions throughout project lifecycle
- Identify areas for improvement and wise practices
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices, integrating new ideas and methodologies into program strategies
- Other administrative duties as needed
You have the following qualifications, skills, talents and capabilities:
- Undergraduate Degree / College Diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to work as part of high performing team under tight timeline
- Proven experience in working with complex spreadsheets and data analysis tools
- Tech savvy and process-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Excellent critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills required
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Resourceful and strong problem-solving skills
And it would be great if you also had the following, but if not, please still apply!
- Knowledge and understanding of WIL, community partnerships and business operations as it pertains to grants;
- Experience using Airtable;
- Understanding of Public Sector governance, policies, procedures, granting processes and culture
- Professional proficiency in French.
Where you would do the work:
- Remotely from your own location, CEWIL Canada s a national organization and work from anywhere in Canada is possible.
Anything else you should know:
- You are joining a team of passionate WIL individuals who have students at the heart of what they do!
- We strive for a work environment that considers the whole person, open communication, creating vulnerable spaces, and considerate and compassionate of our team.
- This is a contract that requires an immediate start, currently ending on March 31, 2025. We are open to varying contract lengths.
- Some irregular work hours may be necessary as the role is national, over multiple time zones – but not to worry, we believe in flexibility and accountability, so your “9-5” might look different but it’s the quality that matter most!
- The salary for this role is will commensurate with experience, candidate expectations, industry average and budgets – we’ll take several factors into account
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the job title in the email’s subject field to [email protected] by February 16, 2024. Submissions can be addressed to Natalie Chaumont, Associate Director, Operations.