University of Guelph
Associate Director Co-Operative and Career Education
Your vast knowledge of organizational management and extensive experience in spearheading quality post-secondary Co-op and/or WIL programs will make you a valuable addition to our Co-operative and Career Education team.
At the University of Guelph, our students benefit greatly from engaging directly in industries and communities where they can apply their learning in real-world contexts, develop essential employability skills, and gain a deeper understanding of the complex issues faced by employers and community organizations today.
The Co-operative and Career Education team is located in the Experiential Learning Hub, a critical department of the Student Affairs division that formally integrates a student’s academic studies with work experience including a participating employer/industry partnership.
Reporting to the Director, Experiential Learning, you will be responsible for:
- Increasing the number of students participating in Cooperative Education (Co-op) and Work Integrated Learning (WIL) programs;
- Supporting the growing number of Co-op/WIL programs and students choosing a Co-op/WIL stream of their program;
- Ensuring that career development programming and services meet the needs of U of G students.
- Working closely with Deans and Associate Deans from all Colleges to ensure that the Co-op and Career needs of the Colleges and their students are being met;
- Overseeing the Co-operative Education and Career Education portfolio, and reporting directly to the Manager of Co-operative Education, Manager of Career Education and the Manager of Work-Integrated Learning Administration (The 3 teams in the Associate Director’s portfolio currently consists of 30 EL Hub team members);
- Working closely with the ORS leadership team to ensure efficient processes are managed for all aspects of Co-op/WIL enrolment management, supporting co-op student admission and capacity targets, and sitting on the co-op appeals committee;
- Chairing the Co-op Process Committee and the External Partnerships; and
- Ensuring an assessment plan is in place for all Co-op/Career programming with a continuous improvement process in place to ensure that the University of Guelph is consistently offering quality Co-op and Career Education programming.
Please click here for more information.