Toronto Metropolitan University
Project Manager, Equity, Training, and Partnerships
The Project Manager, Equity, Training and Partnerships will manage and oversee special projects related to the priorities of the Experiential Learning (EL) Hub with an equity and community inclusion lens, intended to expand resources and support available to students, faculty, staff and community/industry partners engaging in various forms of experiential learning.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Monitor, manage, and operate special projects and initiatives with an equity and community inclusion lens, from project planning to implementation.
- Develop new project proposals, as required, participate in strategic planning and support stakeholder-team relationships.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree, preferably in Social Service, Liberal Arts or Social Services, Digital Media, Writing, Communications, Instructional Design, Project Management, Business Administration, or a relevant field;
- At least three (3) years of relevant project management experience on equity work and projects that also involves resource development, managing complex projects with a track record of ensuring the timely completion of tasks and deliverables within budget and scope;
- A strong understanding of equity, diversity & inclusion principles, best practices, protocols in building partnerships with equity-seeking partners and applicable Canadian legislation such as: Human Rights, Health and Safety, Employment Standards and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act;
- Strong understanding of different forms of experiential learning and principles that inform the creation of high-impact EL opportunities;
- Strong understanding of, and ability to embed principles of equity, inclusion and accessibility throughout the project, including in content developed and overall outcomes;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create learning materials, write reports, and coordinate communication to stakeholders as necessary;
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to build and motivate teams, and inspire members to innovate
- Able to articulate learning and teaching terminology and processes to non-teaching project partners;
- Experience in facilitating meetings with various stakeholders, including funders, project partners, part-time project staff, students, and staff;
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to deliver engaging and informative virtual presentations that clearly explain technical information to non-technical audiences and clients;
- Strong financial and business management skills, with the ability to draft budget proposals, forecast expenses and monitor relevant research and contract accounts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
Please click here for more information.