Associate Director of SSE Student Services
Schulich School of Engineering - University of Calgary
Reporting to the Director, Business Operations for the Schulich School of Engineering, the primary purpose of this position is to follow the direction of the academy in all student-focused areas, to demonstrate strategic leadership in student engagement, student success and retention, all within the context of a competent and effective service model.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- This role will be a Dept ID owner.
- The Associate Director, Student Services must provide strategies, management, structure and process for the assessment, planning and initiation of services, programs and initiatives in support of student success. These strategies will be initiated by the Associate Director in concert with the Dean and the Associate Dean. Then the strategies will be measured against a matrix of student enrollment and performance numbers and will be managed to optimize results.
- This role will be responsible for the design and development of the processes necessary to perform the strategic initiatives that support student success, student engagement and student retention.
- Ensure that these items are of high quality, reflect well on the university and are a positive factor in engaging, developing and retaining students.
- Creating, championing and implementing strategies that engender student success and support the diversity initiatives for the University and Schulich School of Engineering.
- Work closely and in concert with the Dean, the Director, Associate Deans and Department Heads and Managers.
- Student success is one of the three key pillars of the SSE Strategic Plan; hence it is a focus of all leadership within the Faculty. This role will support all initiatives that are connected with student success and is expected to provide leadership to the larger team of student services.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY