CEWIL Job Opportunity: Junior Data Analyst (Co-op or Work Experience)
Organization: CEWIL Canada
Position: Junior Data Analyst (Co-op or Work Experience)
Term: May-August 2021
Salary: $18-$23/hour (depending on experience)
Hours/Week: 35 hours
Other conditions: Remote work from anywhere in Canada.
Are you passionate about data and supporting innovative work opportunities for students? Are you excited by a challenge and an opportunity to affect an entire ecosystem? Are you a self-starter who isn’t afraid to tackle a problem? Check out this opportunity to be a Junior Data Analyst with CEWIL Canada.
Who we are: Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s IWIL program, CEWIL has established the iHub to provide $16.2 million in funding to post-secondary institutions to support our initiative. CEWIL Canada partners with post-secondary institutions, community members, employers, governments and student organizations to champion work-integrated learning (WIL). We are an association that has been in operations for almost 50 years and continues to evolve with the times! We represent over 1200 members, from over 115 organizations and growing! Our “why” is to create future ready students who are prepared and have the skills to take on the challenges of our world of today and tomorrow.
Who you are: CEWIL Canada is looking for a dynamic junior data analyst co-op student to support our team, as we provide grant funding that advances innovative work-integrated learning (WIL) experiences across Canada. You are a critical thinker, a problem-solver by nature, a little gritty and love a challenge!
What you will do: You will support CEWIL’s Innovation Hub (iHUB) project, operations, project outcomes reporting, data management, data organization, and more. The primary responsibility is supporting the collecting and analyzing of data to help CEWIL with its reporting requirements as well as to make informed decisions. We want to use our data to make sound business decisions and thrive as a non-profit. This position will mean undertaking data collection from multiple institutions and working with primary, secondary, internal, and external sources to generate relevant data for analysis.
It also involves analyzing and interpreting collected data using statistical tools and our granting software. You will interpret the raw data and identify any patterns in it to provide clarity to the non-technical audience.
We’re looking for a superstar who is ready for a challenge, which has the opportunity to create a legacy of WIL in Canada! Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the tracking and reporting on funded initiatives and status reports.
- Analyze and interpret CEWIL’s iHub for trends, volume, demographics, and operator metrics to support decisions.
- Clean raw data for analysis purposes.
- Create dashboards, flowcharts and other exciting ways to visualize our data to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Utilize business intelligence tools to carry out statistical analysis and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Provide support with technical writing and editing as required.
- Develop analytics to identify trend lines across several data sources within the organization.
- Examine and evaluate existing business practices and systems, and proffer suggestions aimed at creating efficiency and streamlining operations, while maintaining compliance to our reporting standards.
- Work with qualitative data to interpret the data for rich content.
- Undertake operational research to identify and recommend optimal/near-optimal solutions to complex challenges.
- May involve coding and re-coding data contained within various databases to identify patterns.
- Maintain data and suggest new process improvement opportunities.
You have the following qualifications, skills, talents and capabilities:
- We are looking for a senior college or university student with at least one co-op or work experience under their belt (other relevant experience).
- Excel wizardry.
- Business intelligence tools (e.g: Tableau/Power BI) experience.
- Ability to work autonomously but also within the goals of our team.
- Ability to work as part of high performing team under tight timelines.
- Tech savvy and process-oriented mindset.
- Experience working with and building databases.
- Able to see the big picture but have an eye for small details.
And it would be great if you also had the following:
- A knowledge of the French language would be great.
Where you would do the work:
- Remotely from your own location, CEWIL is a national organization and work from anywhere in Canada is possible.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 30, 2021 and can be addressed to Charlene Marion, Director, CEWIL Canada. Late applications will only be considered if the recruitment process has not commenced upon date received.
Being YOU with CEWIL – We welcome YOU!
At CEWIL, it’s our mission to build the capacity to develop future ready students and graduates through quality work-integrated learning and we know the part of building a successful WIL ecosystem, means tapping into our differences; of who we are, what we’ve experienced and how we think. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for opportunities with CEWIL without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Accommodations will be provided for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process and if you are the successful applicant, we will discuss your needs and make sure you are set up for success!