University of Alberta
Are you a positive individual interested in working with a dynamic, collaborative, service-oriented, crossfunctional team? Are you adaptable to change, love to work with students and enjoy developing relationships? If so, we are looking for you!
- Student Career Ready Development
- Works extensively with students in all areas of career development (resumes, interviews, communication skills) and recruitment (job search and networking skills) preparation during one on one consultation and/or by participating in workshops and Engg 299.
- Supports co-op / career development initiatives throughout the year (i.e. welcome to co-op, industry nights, tech talks, special events, student group support).
- Develops and contributes to communication materials related to co-op /Work Integrated Learning (WIL) to support and promote the co-op program (research, social / professional media i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter) and engage the co-op student population. Co-op Recruitment Process
- Works as part of a trio/small team under the guidance of the Employer Relationship Manager to support the co-op recruitment process and effective interactions with employers.
- Provides information about the Co-op program to employers who contact the Co-op Office and/or are delegated from the Employer Relationship Manager.
- Participates in the full cycle recruitment process by reviewing and approving incoming job postings
- Ensures adherence of creditable work term jobs to program/faculty specific requirements (e.g. work term levels, work relevance criteria, job type/sequence requirements), and approves coop job postings for students who arrange their own jobs for standard jobs
- Answers questions for students about the recruitment process and jobs that are posted.
- Works with companies to coordinate interviews under the guidance of the Employer Relationship Manager.
- Hosts employers who are on campus conducting interviews.
- Facilitate the offer process by communicating the offer to students, confirming the acceptance with the employer and updating the student record. Student Site Visit -Work Term Evaluation
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and conducting between 140 – 160 onsite visits per year (local, national, rural, remote) involving travel as well as virtual meetings.
- In consultation with the student’s supervisor, utilize sound judgment to assess learning, performance and professionalism during the on site meeting and make recommendations to students to enhance performance and strive for continuous improvement during the work term.
- Discusses the Final Evaluation process with the supervisor and the student.
- Reviews the work term report requirements with the student and ensures they understand deadlines and the submission process.
- Monitors and maintains contact and communication with the supervisor and student throughout the work term. Identifies and intervenes in situations that may be problematic or requiring conflict resolution and escalate it appropriately to one of the Employer Relationship Managers, or Director.
- Maintains the student’s placement record (evaluations)
- Additional duties as required.
Click here to learn more and apply.